Based in Abuja and under the general guidance of the Programme Specialist (Field Results), the Knowledge Management Specialist supports the knowledge management of the office, including external communications. This will be done by:
1) Ensuring key policy and advocacy issues are available through regular situation reports, briefings, information, data and analysis on UNICEF’s programmes in Nigeria and the emergency response. Working closely within the Management for Results Section, this information will be used to ensure that UNICEF and staff are in the best position for effective advocacy on behalf of children.
2) Designing and developing factsheets, infographics, and presentations that communicate results for children.
3) Promoting knowledge management within the UNICEF Nigeria Country Office (NCO) to ensure that all staff in Abuja and the field offices are effectively sharing knowledge and information, internally, with partners, donors and counterparts.
4) Managing the NCO internal SharePoint team site.
- Ensure the collection, supply and exchange of information supportive to UNICEF programmes.
- Prepare high quality reports, briefing materials, factsheets and presentations.
- Ensure facilitation of knowledge building and management for NCO, and support the use of innovations for effective information-sharing within the office and with external partners, donors, and counterparts.
- Contribute to preparation of donor briefings by updating NCO’s donor and communications information packs with the latest data.
- Maintain and update existing tools and systems for knowledge management (e.g., SharePoint site).
- Design and produce quality infographs, posters and materials that highlight achievement of results for children
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent) in social sciences, communications, or related field.
*A first University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressive experience is required especially with experience in design and communication. Experience in Adobe Photoshop (in design), Adobe Illustrator, Prezi, Microsoft Office suite required; Experience working for an operational UN agency or NGO is an advantage.
- Fluency in English is required.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
Click Here To Apply