Nigeria’s leading tier-1 financial services institution with a footprint in major cities and countries across the globe.
We have distinguished ourselves as a market leader and major contributor to the economic advancement and development of Nigeria.
With our structured dynamic HR practice that strengthens the Bank’s global expansion strategies, which is predicated on sustainable leadership drive, we have a track record of success, achievements, in-depth knowledge of the business and strong pedigree.
- To ensure that all Risks and vulnerabilities associated with bank’s IT Network platforms and related systems are promptly identified and mitigated appropriately.
- Perform regular process reviews on different teams in IT department
- Perform regular process reviews on different teams in ISOD department
- Perform regular process reviews on different teams in Record and Archive department
- Perform reviews of user accounts and groups on the bank’s Network devices, servers, operating systems and ensure that privileges on these systems are granted on a need to use basis.
- Ensure proper change control procedures over changes to the Network, DR, Servers, updates and patches.
- Perform reviews to assess the adequacy and effectiveness of IT Network/Server security by checking for the enforcement of the following; System backups, server Hardening, Batch job security, Device File Security, physical access restriction etc.
- Review the overall network security strategy including but not limited to Network design, Security policies, documentations, redundancies, Segmentations, Compartmentalization, virtualizations, Defense-in-depth, Penetration testing, Staffing structure, device hardening, patching, etc.
- Verify that appropriate controls are in place against vulnerabilities associated with the network through the prompt deployment of Fixes, Patches and service packs for CISCO devices, IOS and Windows Operating systems. Raise and document exceptions where applicable.
- Maintain monthly statistics of link/device downtime for all branches and produce monthly system downtime reports as part of the overall control situation report of internal control.
- Use of specialized analytic tools and Techniques for complex data analyses, data extraction logic and data manipulation for the purpose of reconciliation, Trend analyses, Transaction analyses and specialized investigations/projects.
- Performing Data integrity checks and analytic reviews on various applications systems including Finacle core banking applications, other Critical applications systems and electronic channels for detecting data inconsistencies/duplications/irregularities within the system
- Extraction of Data from various applications systems to detect and escalate processing errors, failed batch jobs, failed income collections, faulty configuration /wrong parameterizations of applications
- Supporting the directorate report, data analysis and extraction requirements by creating specialized queries, scripts and logic for report generation and data extraction
- Conducting User Acceptance Tests (UAT) for special applications projects like Hyperion which requires extensive data analyses for quality assurance review.
- Creation of scripts and logic for Internal accounts and GL integrity reviews
- Supporting IT Control review team through the creation of specialized logic for detecting inconsistencies and errors thereby enhancing control/ security reviews.
- Creation of scripts and Review of administrative configuration changes on core banking platform.
- Review and analysis of system administrator’s postings on core banking application.
- Responsible for Carrying out System Investigations for ICEG (Legal Garnishee, CBN, FIRS, etc.)
- Prompt identification and resolution of operational lapses which may lead to financial losses and fraud
- Perform second level of defense process reviews on electronic products and related platforms and systems (in conjunction with IT Control) using available tools and standard review program.
- Provide control assurance support on e-products and e-channels during product conceptualization, initiation, development and deployment.
- Perform second level of defense review of product papers to validate adequacy of management approvals, transaction dynamics, service level agreement, risk and control in conjunction with other stakeholders as spelt out in the bank’s operational risk framework for product development.
- Recommend preventive and detective control strategies to prevent fraud and operational irregularities.
- Ensure efficient follow-up on audit exceptions.
- Ensure reduction in control incidence (Open Items, regulatory Infractions& unreconciled nilling accounts) relating to e-Business and TBG operations.
- Participate in user acceptance testing sessions for electronic products and platform deployments to ensure user requirements and system controls are not compromised.
- Conduct period control assurance to test adherence of e-Business and TBG with the bank’s policies and standards.
- Liaise with relevant technology and security operations departments to ensure that adequate controls are built into e-payment applications, and alternative channels applications
- Monitor of ATM reconciliation and attendant processes bank-wide
- Identify risks and control in e-Product Control processes and communicate same to departmental UORM for evaluation.
More job opportunities at First Bank Here