Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Finance Technical Assistant in Monguno, Nigeria. The duration for this post is 12 months.
The purpose of the Finance Technical Assistant is to support programme activities in Monguno.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance Technical Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Take day to day responsibility of managing petty cash and cash box.
- Take day to day responsibility of managing cheque payments.
- Maintain up to date records, project accounts on the system to ensure that timely, accurate and appropriate information is available and reported.
- Preparation of payment vouchers for cash and cheques and ensure timely settlement of all undisputed invoices.
- Ensure daily, weekly, monthly and periodic cash count is done
- Assist Finance officer in tracking advance and ensure that clearance of advance is done on time.
- Ensure that all support documents are complete and accurate before the financial transaction is done.
- Be the focal person between Area Office and Field office in regard to funds transfer requests and other payments through bank and cash.
Applicants must have:
- Preferably a University, Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or any other related Course.
- Ability to work as a member of the team.
- Previous (2yrs) experience working in an accounting department (preferably NGO).
- ICAN, ANAN, ACCA is an added advantage.
- Microsoft Office Application.
- Knowledge of Local Language (Hausa, Kanuri).
- Nationality of Nigeria.
Deadline: 14 December 2018
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.