Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Social Development Specialist in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Social Development Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Help to develop strategies for ADB to invest in elderly care sector primarily focusing on developing long-term care systems and services that are responsive to DMC needs (including availability, accessibility, equity and continuity) but also addressing the EC system capacity (including appropriateness, safety, efficiency, effectiveness and alignment) of the respective countries.
- Provide technical support for the development of EC projects.
- Work closely with regional department teams to support policy dialogue, technical assistance, program development and implementation.
- Ensure that approaches address access, availability and equity of services as well as contribute to developing services continuum (i.e., health, elderly care, housing, etc.) Improve staff and DMC capacity and the quality of design and implementation by assisting 2 to 4 projects per year.
- Help develop ADBs technical capacity across all sectors to adapt to population aging (e.g. health, education, social protection, urban development, public financial management, transport, private sector, PPP).
- Work with sector teams to analyze their strategies, portfolios and priorities and develop strategies to address impacts of population aging.
- Lead the development knowledge products.
- Improve staff and DMC capacity and the quality of design and implementation by assisting 2-4 projects per year.
Applicants must have-
- At least a Master’s degree in gerontology, health or social development fields.
- Alternatively, university degree in related fields combined with additional relevant professional experience can be considered.
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience working on aged care policies, program or project design and implementation.
- At least some practical experience in design or operations of home, day or community-based care, or in residential care.
- Experience in EC systems development (e.g., standards, quality management, monitoring, human resources development).
- Demonstrated experience or knowledge in emerging areas such as dementia care.
- Knowledge of aged care policies in Asia and the Pacific.
- Experience in working on EC in developing countries and particularly in Asia and the Pacific.
- Willingness to innovate, pilot and explore possibilities in services, systems and technology.
- Sufficient knowledge of global and regional good practices to facilitate innovation, sharing and leapfrogging of experience and approaches, and integrating new technology and systems development across the region.
- Ability to see and make connections quickly, communicate effectively with different audiences and identify technical needs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required.
Deadline: 02 January 2019
How to apply, click here