The U.S. African Development Foundation (USADF) in collaboration with Kebbi State Government (KBSG) invites African cooperatives, producer groups, and enterprises to submit proposals for grant financing and local support for innovative solutions that extend their capabilities to increase revenues, create jobs, improve farmer incomes, and achieve sustainable market-based growth.
Proposals will only be accepted from registered agricultural cooperatives, producer groups, and agricultural processors in KEBBI STATE working directly in the RICE, DAIRY AND GROUNDNUT sector(s).
Grant awards range in value from US $100,000 to a maximum $250,000. (Award amounts are based on the level of impact to revenue growth, jobs creation, income to farmers and sustainable growth.)
GRANT PROPOSAL PERIOD OPENS DECEMBER 15, 2018
AND CLOSES JANUARY 28, 2019
If you qualify submit a completed application and support documents
to the email address for your country listed below by January 28, 2019.
Send completed application package and all required supporting documents to:
SELECTION GUIDELINES AND INSTRUCTIONS
Successful Proposals Must
- Have a clearly defined market opportunity to grow revenues that can increase farmer incomes.
- Have a clearly defined plan of how they can increase revenues and farmer incomes in 2- 4 years.
- Be able to make significant cash or in-kind contributions toward making the project successful.
- Be able to impact hundreds of farmers.
- Be able to identify additional financing options available after the USADF grant ends.
- The organization must be 100% African-owned and managed by country nationals.
- The organization must be a legally registered African entity (or in the process of becoming legally registered. Registration must be completed before any funding may be provided).
- The organization must demonstrate that it has successfully worked together and has the capability to effectively use grants funds..
- The ownership and management must be in agreement on the problem to be addressed and have a commitment to benefit their community.
- The organization must have basic functional management and controls to account for USADF funds.
- Completed Application Form. – Required
- Copy of a valid organization or enterprise registration form. – Required
- Most Recent Business Plan. – Preferred but Optional
- Two Years of Financial Statements – Preferred but Optional
Grant Application Instructions
Send a copy of the completed application form and a copy of the registration document to the address listed below for your country (firstname.lastname@example.org). Be sure to include a copy of your recent business plan and financial statements if you have them. Note: USADF is only accepting applications from cooperatives, associations, or enterprises directly involved in the sectors listed for each country in the table below. USADF is not accepting appliactions from NGOs. Application materials submitted after January 28, 2019 will not be considered.
Grant Application Selection, Award and Implementation Process
USADF will review all applications and will contact those organizations that best fit country strategies and objectives. A site visit will be conducted and finalists will be referred to USADF Washington for a final assessment and selection. Once an application is selected by USADF Washington, a local USADF Technical Partner will be assigned to the organization to help complete additional Grant Design and Budget steps. After the design steps are completed USADF will enter into a formal agreement to award grant funds to the organization. The USADF Technical Partner will continue to assist the organization during the grant implementation period. Grant funds are disbursed to the organization over the grant period as the organization achieves the plans, activities, and outcomes of the grant design. Grant organizations report to USADF on a quarterly basis.